Monday, August 8, 2011

YUKATA MATSURI 2011

I've been again MIA nowadays online ei!!!




'nyways... 




What's the newest thing about me?! HmMm...


Since last Saturday (8/6/11) I've woke up as early as I could to prepare myself for this year's yukata matsuri which was held in our working place. Wondrin' what Yukata Matsuri means?! Howell...






* Yukata (浴衣 << written in Japanese Kanji) was derived from the word "YU" which means, bath(ing) and "KATABIRA"  meaning, under clothing. 


A yukata is a Japanese garment, a casual summer kimono usually made of cotton.






 A cotton sash is usually worn with the yukata for casual daily or nightly wear. In attending festivals and public occasions, the yukata is worn with a wider belt, which can be simply wrapped around the waist and tucked in at the end. For a more formal appearance, the yukata is worn with an obi belt, along with a matching geta (wooden sandals) and purse to complete the attire.






People wearing yukata are a common sight in Japan at fireworks displays, bon-odori festivals, and other summer events.


 yukata literally means bath(ing) clothes.


Generally speaking, the differences between a kimono robe and a yukata robe are in fabric – kimono are generally made from silk while yukata robes are usually made from cotton or synthetic fiber - and also, yukata’s are unlined unlike kimono. Although different, these two cultural symbols of Japanese clothing both employ obi – a sash or belt- and geta - elevated thronged sandals.


Enough for a looooong definition of a Yukata Matsuri! lol


Here are some of the photos during the event at my work with my friends and co-workers.



What other people knows, me with our "mama san"... our mommy @ work =)


.... and my collage for my photos for our yukata matsuri this year ^^,


Howell, I guess, I've already explained why I've been inactive for how many days (again); first, because of the yukata matsuri @ work.... second, obviously... slept and rested after that event... and lastly, third... because of these stuffs I've made for my friends.. my family.. my co-workers.. everyone... To hopefully enjoy, like what me and my friends were last Saturday. I was soOo excited before that day, although some of my co workers weren't, but we've made our yukata matsuri a one hella' Saturday Yukata Festival =) But shHhh.... Right after that night.. when i arrived home, I didn't have enough energy and time to took a shower before i slept!!!! soOo tiring... but happy evening indeed!!!! 



After soOo many years, coz of this yukata matsuri... I've tried to make a slideshow of the event... I've missed my moviemaker from my old pc T.T
Anyways... Thanks mommy, sa mga ate ko, ke bunso... 
Kanpaii!!!!

^^,

No comments: